Saturday, March 27, 2010

Dairy Products

So I'm going to analyze my intake this week and make sure I'm getting the recommended daily items.  My online program has these catagories:

8 liquids
3 milk/milk product
8 fruits/veggies
3 healthy oil
1 activity
2 proteins
1 whole grain

Well I have no trouble with the whole grain (so will work or decreasing that).
I can't get the milk/ milk products in.  I wished eggs counted here :)
What do you do to get your milk/milk products in?
Does the Almond Non Diary (milk substitute ) count?  It's not that great but only 1 point vs. 2 with regular milk.  I don't really like milk to just drink.

Thanks! 
Answer whenever you can.  I'm having a home day. Bob is gone and the boys don't want to go shopping and the budget doesn't say I can go either :)   But I really want some cute Easter decorations -- I'm hosting Easter dinner.

Mama T

1 comment:

  1. Well, I dont' think I have any help for you as far as knowledge, but sure appreciated the guidelines you put up...thanks!!

    I wonder if the non dairy milk counts...it should...you know, with so many vegetarians, milk intolerant, wheat or gluten allergens out there, you would think you can "fudge" with the WW guidelines...I have never liked to drink milk either...even as a kid...so, I consider my coffee cream and laughing cow cheese/yogurt as my dairy...

    Sooo, I think as long as veggies and fruit make an appearance at most meals or snacks, and you keep the breads to a minimum, we'll do well...I still stay away from pasta or rice...I mean, I'll have it, but I'd much rather have a larger portion of veggies than a little bit of rice, for the same points!!!

    I do have our dinner on my calendar and looking forward to it...now that I've had Sushi, I would do that, IF you both like it...it's quite low points (say 2 points for 6 pieces of vegetable rolls)...if that's not unanimous, I'm good with where ever we decide...what movies are out?

    Hope you're both having a good day today...I'm on point and feel good...I'm gearing up for Carrot Cake on Easter though, and I can't wait... :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete