I made oatmeal with diced apricots, cinnamon and 1 tbsp. of honey today...sooo good! Super filling and the texture of the apricots was right up my taste bud alley! If you're looking for a filling change, I give this my vote!
Also, those Zucchini straws I posted on FB are SO fantastic too! To think a whole zucchini amount it only 1.33 points??? I may have eaten a few more, but at most 2 points worth, and that was a ton! I'm definitely going to try her crepes on there sometime too...Gina is a good little wealth of tasty knowledge!
Last, my newest favorite side dish and lunch is Spaghetti Squash (which is 0 points) with 1 triangle of Laughing Cow cheese and spices of choice (a little s & p, cayenne and dried basil)...again, super tasty, filling and LOW points...if I have any cooked veggies or chicken in the fridge, I add that too!
Okay, my "second last" item is the restaurant size bag (10 lbs ??) of chicken breasts at Costco...now, they say no horomones, but I'm sure you'd know more about that Terrie...HOWEVER, the breasts are all weighed out to be 4 oz. (which I still weighed after cooking to be sure), but only 100 calories and 1 gram of fat, making the whole breast 2 points! That is great diced on the squash too!
So, there we go...I think I'm staying on and very close to points everyday, but exercise just is not fitting in over here...even when I get up early, I can barely finish shower and BSF before the kids are down here, and during the day, things have just been taking longer...I'm looking to the Summer as a more realistic time to add exercise regularly...I have no idea where my loss is, but I"m not at goal...what I know is I haven't put ON any weight and I love what I get to eat!!! That's success to me!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment