Saturday, March 20, 2010

TGI Friday's

TGI Friday's has a shrimp/broccoli meal that is super good and only 250 calories equals 4 points.  We went last night but did the 3 courses for $12.99.  Mistake -- third course was dessert.  YUMMY, YUMMY White Choc. Mousse Cheescake!!  I did share it with Bob and the kids had Bobs Brownie/ice cream dessert.  Still dessert was 730 calories - 1/2 was 8 points by itself.    Didn't I just say yesterday I wasn't going to do this!   We went out to eat after we traded in our Commander AND Durango.  Got a 2004 GMC Envoy with 80,000 miles and a $236 car payment.  The smallest payment we've had in our marriage.  Crazy stupid before I know.  Anyway, great car, not 100% Dave Ramsey but we just reduced our debt on cars by 50%. :)   We will be able to pay it off in April.   What a savings for us.   Also Wendy it can pull a small trailer has a tow capacity of 5750 lbs.    So that is why we went out to eat, hours at the dealer.

So for our dinner/movie out we can think of TGI Fridays as an option.

Pray for me today though.  We were just invited by Bob's parents to go to Frankenmuth today.  Is there anything healthy on their menu???   Yikes!    I'll let you know.  Off to work out!!!

Mama T

2 comments:

  1. So glad to know you are human like the rest of us Terrie :) I'm so motivated by your great WW success, but to know even you have those irresitable moments (like being gone all day, hungry and giving in to some dessert...which sounded AWESOME!!) helps me extend some grace to myself and know I can still succeed when those cravings overtake!!!

    I am ALL up for us doing dinner and a movie...and, really, we could probably pick anywhere to eat...since you can get most all restaurant info online, we could pick a place and then search their nutritional info for the best meal choice! OTherwise, TGIFridays would work for me :) Let's try and get a date!!

    Congrats on the cars...God is so good, always working, teaching us, guiding us through the HS...you're diligence to honor him with your finances is inspriational and brings him glory! What a relief for you guys!

    Don't know about Frankenmuth...I already prayed for you today, so just do your best, think about portions and if you have something not so great, I'm just going to pray (as I do for us all) that you can feel the satisfaction in a smaller portion :)

    Have a great day...V and C both have chicken pox now, but we're hving a playdate with Owen's old school friends anyway! Gotta get some breakfast in before they get here!

    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the lost pound. Now, isn't that a funny expression? Lost...like socks or a dog. Like we need to find it or something, which we definitely don't!

    Anyway, going out sounds good to me too. Thursdays are the best weekday for me and both the 8th and 15th are open.

    The Frankenmuth chicken is a good choice I think...skin off, breast meat. The rest of the stuff...not so much if I remember correctly. Maybe focus on the protein and portions or tastes of the other stuff.

    You're doing great! Much to feel pleased with.

    ReplyDelete