Monday, May 10, 2010

The weekend is over!

The weekend began on Saturday with a delightful number on the scale...I was quite surprised! Then, there was this mornings number. Ugh! How in the world can two bad days cause that, but weeks of good days barely show up?! Ok, putting it in the category of, it is what it is.

Friday night Merwyn brought home an ice cream cake. It was my idea...I gave him the coupon after all. What is a birthday without cake? It was yummy! And Joel liked it.

Saturday began with friends in the morning. I cut up some yummy fruit, but cinnamon rolls also showed up. Unannounced, mind you! Well, I ate some. I did. Did well the rest of Saturday, and then Merwyn and I went out to dinner at Crumpets in the Somerset Inn. I bid on and won this dinner at the fundraiser at Joel's school. We had the "Chef's Table" which was a mystery to me. Well, hold onto your hats...it means we sit at a table called the "Chef's Table" and he makes an appetizer for us. That's the only difference. Oh, and it's not a special "not available for anyone else" appetizer. He just decides. That's a lot of hype, eh? It was a nice quiet dinner though and the portions were quite reasonable. Except the torte. Completely unreasonable. And yummy. I have not allowed that "stuffed" feeling in a very long time. But actually, it wasn't an "I ate so much I'm going to burst" stuffed. Just very full. I didn't have wine because of the calories and, get this, only one roll. That's big news for me. I ordered salmon- excellent choice I think. I ate all my asparagus too.

On Sunday, we didn't do much. I think dinner might have been a bit high in sodium and with restaurant food (typically high in sodium), well that might be a big part of the scale this morning.

So, today I am at my office. I am sticking to my allotted points because I want to right this ship before Wed weigh in. I have my tracker all filled out, including the Ballpark frank I will have at Comerica Park later. I went to Bootcamp this morning, where it was crazy cold, hoping that the calorie burn will help too.

So, I'm hoping you all had a lovely weekend!

Mama Dub

No comments:

Post a Comment