Gingerbread Muffins
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup (half a stick) butter
1 egg
1/4 cup. Molassas
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour, aereated before measuring
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
(I also added a dash of cloves, nutmeg and ginger...about 1/2 tsp of each, give or take a little)
Preheat oven to 350.
Place water and butter in a small microwave dish. Heat in micro until water boils/butter melts.
Meanwhile, whisk the egg in a medium bowl. Add sugar and molasses and mix well. Add water and butter mixture and stir well. Now, after mixing dry ingredients together, add the dry to the wet mixture. Whisk together until combined, but do not overmix (that makes holes in the muffins).
Meaure about 1/4 cup into each lined muffin cup. As I said, I got eleven muffins. Bake for 20 minutes. If you do mini muffins, bake for 10 minutes.
That's it...they were WAY tasty and easy! let me know if you make and enjoy them too!!

these sound really good and I think I'll make them this weekend
ReplyDelete