Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday exercise in!

I did 35 minutes on the Wii Fit this morning and got it in before the electrician came. Didn't look great while he was here but I cared more about getting the exercise in than what Tony would think. That Hula Hooping is tough! I did 10 minutes of it and it not only gets my heart pumping but I can feel it in my quads too.

I've also been thinking in the last few days about the impact of stress on weight loss. I began to research this several weeks ago when I was working out like a dog as well as following the WW plan and saw either a small gain or a small loss (can't remember). I think this was before you joined up Mama M, but you might remember it Mama T. That was so befuddling to me that I did what I usually do when faced with a problem...RESEARCH! Anyway, while my daily life is not all that stressful I am carrying a good bit of emotional stress. This is evidenced by the 2 large canker sores in my mouth, and not the first ones to come along in recent months, either. Anyway, stress produces more cortisol which causes the body to think it's under attack and hold on to all it's reserves.

Why am I telling you this? To let you know that, while I wish my weight loss was more and probably should be under other conditions considering the amount of weight I'm carrying, I think I and my body are doing the best we can right now. Mentally, I need to manage any emotional eating. Past that though along with following program and exercising, it will be what it will be. After my weigh in on Weds, you both were very encouraging about any loss being good. I think we (me, my body, my mind) are doing the best we can right now.

I like having you all to share this with. This encourages and challenges me- just what the doctor ordered!

Enjoy your Saturday!
Mama Dub

1 comment:

  1. Did you see that the Lentil Soup is only 1 point per cup??? I just had 2 cups for lunch and...good golly!!! It is SO tasty and SO filling...I just can't believe it's only 1 pt. I think you'll love it too girls...

    You are full of wisdom Wendy, and I appreciate the research... with my life experience, the research proves true for me as well...stress does amazing, not always welcome, things to our bodies...Steve gets the canker sores, like you, EVERYTIME he is stressed...he has 2 now :P I do think keeping the right, grace filled perspective is going to be essential...like you said, you're doing the best you can and can only expect so much from your body...focus on the FACT: you ARE losing!!! None of us are having 5 pound weeks, but a loss of any kind, each week is success in my mind!

    I do pray daily that each of us will be satisfied with what we are supposed to eat...I can be as much of an emotional eater as anyone...I am finding that when I'm having a rough school day, I want to eat...but those emotions are not at the level that you have to fight Wendy...I will pray for your emotional strength to resist feeding your grief or sorrow or anger when it rains upon your day.

    I just have to say it again, I so admire you girls...Terrie, you have lost your sister and continue to solely care for your Mom which takes SO many little turns as of late, and Wendy of course...losing Meredith and going forward in the life God has given you...Jillian Michael comments on us "being strong" in our workouts, but you two are TRULY strong...strong in your faith and determination...I am so thankful for you both.

    We will all just "keep on keepin' on" and we get to do it together! Enjoy your weekend friends!

    ReplyDelete