I took this recipe out of the newspaper about 3 years ago.
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed/drained
1/2 cup diced carrots
1/4 cup diced celery
1/4 cup diced green or red pepper
2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
1 tsp salt (optional)
6 cups water or vegetable broth
1/4 cup chopped chives
In a medium saucepan, melt butter and oil over medium heat. Add the quinoa, carrots, celery, pepper and garlic. Saute until golden. Add the water or broth and bring to a boil. Simmer 20-30 minutes or until the veggies are tender and the quinoa cooked. Season to taste and sprinkle with chives.
Makes 6 servings. Serving size 1 cup.
Calories 49 Fat 2 gms Fiber 1 gm
I always forget the chives and I typically use chicken broth from boullion.
Enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment